We are always keen to the needs of our Clients, and one item we’ve been hearing about over and over is the Octabank. So we went and got one of the best Octabanks for all of your very even and smooth lighting needs. The Elinchrom Octa 74″ is a piece of highly versatile lighting equipment and it can be used for a variety of different lighting effects by merely being moved around. Did you know that past it’s main use as a softbox, it can also be used as a ring flash or for backlighting? Here are a few tips for setting up and using this amazing light modifier:
- The Elinchrom Octa is quite a huge piece of equipment, therefore we suggest using a very sturdy stand with a vertically sliding arm in order to adjust its height, and wheels, so that it is easy to move it around. The Medium Rollers by Mathews are perfect for this, along with a few sandbags, both of which we have available for rent!
Powering the light:
- In order to take full advantage of this amazing modifier we also purchased two Profoto Pro lights, and a Profoto Pro-7a 2400 Generator both of which can always be counted on for super-fast recycling times, consistent color temperature and exposure levels at all power settings, as well as a heavy-duty and ergonomic design.
- Softbox – Place the Octa on one side of the subject and reflector on the other. Take a flash meter reading, and remotely adjust the power through the Profoto Pro-7a. Since the Octa is a huge light source you will get an amazing quality of light on your subject’s face, many of other small modifiers won’t be able to provide.
- White Background – If set up just a few inches behind the subject with the diffuser panel on and used in conjunction with another softbox light source in front of the subject, the background will come out white. In order to get a pure white background set the light reading of the Octa at half a stop higher than the front light.
- Ring Flash – In order to use the Octa as a ring flash the photographer has to stand in the center with his back to the Octa. Make sure that while taking the photo your elbows are close to your body or the flash won’t reflect properly in your subject’s eyes in order to create the ring light effect.
If you are interested in renting the Elinchrom Octa 74′ just let us know when placing in your booking in the “Equipment” section and we’ll be sure to have it ready for you.
All specs on the Elenchrom Octa, Pro-7a 2400 Power Supply, and Profoto Pro lights can be found here:
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_toggle admin_label=”Toggle” title=”Elincrhom Octa 74%22″ open=”off” title_font_size=”16″ body_font_size=”14″ use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]
Folding Construction for Fast Setup
High Output Silver Interior Fabric
Compatible with up to 650W Halogen Lamps
Internal and External Diffuser Included
360° Rotating System
Optional Elinchrom and Profoto Adapters
Includes Carrying Case
Energy Range: 6 f-stops (75-2400Ws)
Energy Distribution: Socket A 150-2400Ws Socket B 75-1200Ws
Asymmetry Range: max. 4 f-stops
Recycling Times 120V/60Hz: 0.17-1.5s
Recycling Times 230V/50Hz: 0,12-1.4s
Flash Durations t0.5: 1/8000-1/1600s
Modeling Lamps Total W/Pack (max.): 1500W
Modeling Lamp Total W/Head (max.): 500W
Energy Control Increments: 1/3 and 1/6 f-stops
Energy/Voltage Stability: +/- 1% (Voltage)
Guide Number @ 2 meters/ISO 100 with Magnum Reflector: 128.3
Specified Data Conditions: ProHead, 120 or 230V AC
Input Power Supply: 100-127V/200-240V, 50/60Hz (nominal)
Synchronization and Control
Sync Socket(s): 2
Lamp Head socket(s): 3
Photocell/IR-slave and Switch: Yes
Automatic Multi-Voltage: Yes, 90-130V/180-240V, 50-60Hz incl. model light
Ready Signals: Yes, ready lamp and switchable beep sound
Auto Dumping: Yes
Recharge Speed Control: Fast/XFast/Turbo
Fuse Requirement at max. power and speed setting: Slow blow 10A/230V, 16A/120V
Dimensions: 40x17x24cm 15.5×6.75×9.75inch
Weight: 12kg 27lbs
[/et_pb_toggle][et_pb_toggle admin_label=”Toggle” title=”Profoto ProHead Plus Flash head with Zoom Reflector” open=”off” title_font_size=”16″ body_font_size=”14″ use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]
500W Modeling Lamp